Wildfire Response: Land Restoration Trip
There is a tremendous need for volunteer help in Modesto, California to help with wildfire recovery in and around Yosemite National Park.
Skill set needed:
All skill sets are welcome. Must be physically able to do the work.
Rolling dates, contact us to learn more.
Must be at least 14 years old, students under 18 must be accompanied by an adult, youth groups must have a 1-to-5 ratio.
Possible Work Projects
- Restoration of Hambly Trail near Groveland
- Fence reconstruction
- Installation of tree nursery at Mountain Sage Coffee Company in Groveland/Brush clearance at Family Camp
- Invasive weed removal/preparation of Family Camp
- Tree planting
Accommodations and Meals
There are several options for accommodations. Where you will stay will depend on how many people are in your group and when your trip will take place. Most groups will be able to stay at a camp with rustic living – wood cabins (each cabin sleeps 4, includes cots w/mattresses) separate restroom/bathhouse, community room, kitchen/mess hall. Cost is $20/night/person.
There are also other camps in the area. Depending on the time of year, there are also vacation rentals available in the area should your group prefer this option. If choosing to say in a rental, your group will be responsible for coordinating accommodations as well as supplying and preparing your own meals.
Your group is responsible for all costs associated with your trip.
See Accommodations and Meals above for pricing.
Tools and Materials
- Tools are provided. Groups can bring own tools if they like.
- Materials will be supplied. If your group would like to donate some building materials for the job you’re on that would be welcome but is not a requirement.
Might be available
Things to Bring:
- Please bring your personal construction items: tool belt, utility knife, tape measure, etc.
- Bedding: sleeping bag/pillow/sheets/blanket
- Towel and bathroom items
- Work clothes
- Closed-toe shoes for job sites
- At least one pair of jeans/pants for some job sites
- Work gloves
- Casual clothing for “down-time”
- Bug spray
- Games/Frisbee/free time stuff
- Cooler with drinks for your job site